Tuesday, September 24, 2013

"Receiveth All Things With Thankfulness"

 
Elder Eldredge with Brother and Sister Call, the couple they now live with.
 
 

 

To Everyone,

 

Fist off. HAPPY BIRTHDAY GABE!!!!! And you’re going to get baptized!!!! That’s so great!!!! I’m so proud of you!!! You will never forget this day!!!

 

This week feels like a blur...

 

We have been focused all week on getting Lia McMurtrey (Correct spelling) ready for her baptismal date of the 26th. We had a lesson with her at the stake center where she will be baptized. We showed her around the font, where the cloths are, and what all will happen. We then had a lesson on the 10 commandments and keeping the Sabbath day holy. It was great feeling the spirit there in the building. 

 

This week we had zone training. Zone training is when the zone leaders have a training with President Brinkerhoff and what he wants the mission to change and if there are any new updates for the mission. As a mission we have set a goal for 100 baptisms for the month of October. This is going to take a lot of fasting and praying. There are 121 companionships in the mission so there isn't a lot of room so slip up and not get a baptism this next month. Elder Olson and I are praying hard and hoping to have someone we can extend the baptismal challenge to. We have the baptism coming up this week but that will count for September and we don't have any more dates set with any of our investigators. We only have 4 other investigators and they have been investigating the church for a long time. I'm really hoping to help them come to baptism and help them grow closer to their Heavenly Father. We have a lot of work ahead of us, but we can do it. But only with the Lord’s help. Please pray for us.  

 

Elder Olson and I have been working hard all day and coming home exhausted. It feels good, but it’s so hard getting out of bed!  We have been doing some pretty hard workouts in the morning and then turning around and working all day!!! It’s been fun and I’m in the best shape of my life, but I still have some work to do. 

 

10 Months. I miss you with all my heart. I’m going through hell, but I’m fighting for heaven. I love you Madie.  Happy 1 1/2 years.

 

Some cool scriptures to look up

D&C 78:19 - Give Thanks - And he who receiveth all things with thankfulness shall be made glorious; and the things of this earth shall be added unto him, even an hundred fold, yea, more.

 

Alma 29:10 - Missionary Scripture – And behold, when I see many of my brethren truly penitent, and coming to the Lord their God, then is my soul filled with joy; then do I remember what the Lord has done for me, yea, even that he hath heard my prayer; yea, then do I remember his merciful arm which he extended towards me. 

 

I love y’all and I’m so grateful to have your prayers supporting me!

 

Elder Eldredge

 

PS It’s getting cold!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment