Monday, February 17, 2014

Transfer, Elder Bednar, and Family!


 Elder Cavalcante and me on a tandem bike out doing the work.



2/17/2014

These past 2 weeks have been crazy!!!

First off I was transferred. I went back to my old stake!!! the Taylor Mountain Stake!!! Crazy!!! I’ve run into a few people I knew before already!!! I love this area! There is so much work and so much to do. I was also called to be a zone leader. I’m super excited to serve these missionaries!

Matthew 20:26 But whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister.

My new companion’s name is Elder Downey. He and I were in the M.T.C. (Mission Training Center) together. He is an amazing missionary and I am learning so much from him!!! P.S. We have a car!!! A Jeep Compass 2013 :D My goal: DONT GET FAT!!!

Second, Elder Bednar of the Quorum of the 12 Apostles came and we had a 3 hour question and answer session. IT WAS AMAZING!!!! One thing he asked us was to not take notes. He asked us to only write down spiritual impressions that we receive and not every word that was said. He called it "one of our foolish traditions." I learned so much from him and I’m so grateful to have learned so much from the Spirit. Elder Downey and I were asked to be the mic boys. We were the ones giving the microphones to those who ether asked Elder Bednar a question or answered one of his. I was also asked to lead the opening hymn, High on a Mountain Top. It was so cool leading an entire mission in a missionary song!!! It was SO COOL!!!! Before the question and answer part of the meeting I got to sit on the stand right next to Elder Bednar and his wife. When his wife was speaking she told of a story of how Elder Bednar hoped that His son would go to a hard mission so he could learn lots. When, on the other hand, Sister Bednar hoped he would go somewhere safe and easy. He laughed and looked at me and we laughed together....... ya i might sound like a little girl at a One Direction concert but hay...... this is an Apostle of the Lord we are talking about!!!! It was a huge honor and privilege.

One thing I learned was about the principle of Faith. We must show the Lord that we are willing to work. We must show that we are serious about what we want. Faith is not just a feeling, it’s an action. The people of Israel had to get their feet wet before the waters would part. We must first put forth action then the Lord will help us.  

We have 2 baptismal dates as of now. Rob Johnson (March 22nd) and Andrew Meickle (March 8th) (sounds like pickle but with an M). Please pray for them!!! 

I love and miss you all!!!!

Your Missionary, Elder Eldredge

This is Elder Downey, my new companion, and me at the library writing our letters to y'all!



What a surprise!  I got transferred into my cousin's ward, and had five family members there at church Sunday!


No comments:

Post a Comment