Saturday, March 9, 2013

Seeing God's Hand


I leave for the mission field this Tuesday!!!! I’m so excited!!!! I can’t wait to get out of the MTC and hit the mission field!!! The MTC is great but I’m ready to get to the real thing.

I love my District. The other day one of our sisters really wanted a blessing but felt like she could just push through it. But then one night before we went to our rooms, we were going around and saying ways we had seen God’s hand in our life. (You guys should try that instead of apple/onion!) Once it got to her she burst into tears and told us how she had been telling herself that she didn’t need one. So of course we helped her out and gave her a blessing. Elder Bush gave it. In his one blessing I learned so much about the Priesthood. Although he is a little weird and socially awkward, he gave an amazing blessing. I have learned to love him and count him as one of my friends. We then had two other sisters want blessings and two of our elders gave their first blessing to them. :) It was amazing!!!! I then asked for one and got one form Elder Downey. I have a lot of respect for Elder Downey. He is 22 and a convert. He has a girlfriend and was going to get married, but God told him he needed to serve a mission and his powerful testimony is truly inspiring. I’m really sad to be leaving my District and all of us going to different places in Idaho. I really hope some of them are in my area or someday become my companions. They are amazing Sons and Daughters of God.
 
Well I miss you all and am so grateful for all of your prayers. God be with you till we meet again!!

Elder Eldredge

No comments:

Post a Comment