Monday, March 17, 2014

Do It!

Elders Downey  (left) and Eldredge (right) on the Street


3/17/2014


Good timber does not grow with ease,
The stronger the wind, the stronger the trees.
The further sky, the greater length.
The more the storm, the more the strength.
By sun and cold, by rain and snow,
In trees and men good timbers grow.

-a poem quoted by President Thomas S. Monson in a talk titled "I Will Not Fail Thee, Nor Forsake Thee"

Another week down!

Tender Mercies

On Monday we played ultimate dodge-ball. It’s where everybody is against everybody! Its tons of fun! We had a great game going with our zone and had a great time. I’m so grateful for a strong and healthy body. 

On Tuesday we got to drive all the way to Blackfoot to drop off one of our district leaders who is now a zone leader and pick up our new district leader. It was my day to drive and I LOVE road trips. It wasn't very long but I love it anyway! I’m grateful God let me chill in the driver’s seat.

Right in front of the Idaho Falls Temple is the Temple Visitor Center. Everyone is welcome to come in and see the beautiful displays and learn about what goes on in the Temple. We brought 2 of the guys we are working with there to listen to a talk by our Prophet, President Thomas S. Monson. It was great reviewing what the Prophet told us at the last conference just before this next conference in April. (I can’t wait!!!!) I’m so grateful to have a Temple Visitor Center I can use in my missionary work and to have a living Prophet on the earth today!

The Sacrament is such an essential ordinance. It’s an opportunity for us to renew our covenants, or promises, with our Heavenly Father! This past Sunday was a different experience for me. I really wanted to feel the blessings of the sacrament. I wanted to know that I was forgiven and encouraged to keep moving forward. I had prayed the day before to feel my Heavenly Fathers love and to feel forgiven. I prepared all morning to feel the sprit at church and was blessed with comfort and reassurance.

These are the Tender Mercies of my week.

We need prayers. Robby Johnson will be baptized this Saturday, the 22nd of March, but the last week before a baptism is always hard. Satan always tries to do his last stand before they make this covenant. Please pray for Robby and his family to have strength and courage as they face this next week. Robby is such an amazing guy and I’m so grateful to be able to help him come closer to Christ. 

If you’re thinking of going on a mission, do it!

Elder Eldredge


No comments:

Post a Comment