Monday, August 18, 2014

I Am Finally Ready



8/18/2014

I don’t know why I get this way when I sit down in front of the computer. I think all week of things I want to share, experiences that I want to tell you about, and people I want to inform you of. Then I sit down at the computer and go blank!!!! I hate it!!! I feel like Moroni in Ether Chapter 12 

"24 And thou hast made us that we could write but little, because of the awkwardness of our hands. Behold, thou hast not made us mighty in writing like unto the brother of Jared, for thou madest him that the things which he wrote were mighty even as thou art, unto the overpowering of man to read them.
 25 Thou hast also made our words powerful and great, even that we cannot write them; wherefore, when we write we behold our weakness, and stumble because of the placing of our words; and I fear lest the Gentiles shall mock at our words."

But I will try my best.

INVESTIGATORS:

Kathleen: She is heading to the font!!! She will be baptized this Saturday at 10am. She has been a long time coming. Her daughter was baptized I think a year ago and has been trying to work with her mom ever since. I don’t know what or how, but something clicked. She finely decided to get baptized! She is having a bunch of family come down. Happy.

Cody Ray: He is about 22 and has had a hard life. He was very skeptical about our religion when we first started talking. But he has taken it all in and has given up smoking, drinking, coffee, and bad language for Christ. It’s incredible to watch him and the light come into his life!!! The Jackson family in the ward have been amazing fellowships for him!!! He has tons of support from the ward and lots of encouragement. We pray he will continue to have the strength to keep fighting the temptations that come in front of him.  

Curtis!!
Can I just say I love this kid!!! He texted us this morning "Howdy brothers!!!!" How cool is that!!! He is working on being baptized on the 30th at 4:00. We are so excited for him!!! There has been an obvious change in him. Even his girlfriend agrees. He is happier and loves life now that he is learning about the restored gospel!!! He has a testimony of the truth and divinity of this work!!! He is talking about going on a mission, getting married in the temple!!! I love him so much!!!

Mariah: 
2Nephi 33:3
"For I pray continually for them by day, and mine eyes water my pillow by night, because of them; and I cry unto my God in faith, and I know that he will hear my cry."
She is really struggling. She asks the question "What for" when we invite her to pray, read, think positively. She cursed at us last time we talked. She was lashing out from her frustration. We have done nothing but kind things for her and been positive and trying to be uplifting. She has given up. We continually pray for her. She needs a miracle.  

I love my mommy. At a baptism we attended a Sister missionary sang "I heard him come." This is the song my mommy would sing wile tucking us in at night. I miss you mommy!!! :)

Grandma and Grandpa Pierce!!! Thank you so much for the box of goodies!!! I love the cliff bars and the vitamin mix!!! I love the vitamin drink mix so much I’m almost out!!! Where did you get them!!???

I am free. I have been liberated. I have finally humbled myself. Its been 21 months but it finally happened.
Since Madie’s death I have been angry at God. I told myself I wasn't, but the Spirit said otherwise. I fought Him and tried to do this all on my own. I have asked Him many times to take this pain and hate away from me. But only recently was I ready to give it up. My Father has been waiting for me to be ready. He was ok with me being mad. He let me struggle and fight my way through. And I have learned so much because of it. I have been praying and working on Charity. Moroni 7:45-48.

48 "Wherefore, my beloved brethren, pray unto the Father with all the energy of heart, that ye may be filled with this love, which he hath bestowed upon all who are true followers of his Son, Jesus Christ; that ye may become the sons of God; that when he shall appear we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is; that we may have this hope; that we may be purified even as he is pure. Amen."

I have been reborn! This is only the beginning. I still have a long road ahead of me. But I am doing fine. I miss Madie with all my heart and soul. But being mad won’t help me or her! I know she knows that I miss her. But sitting in this pain won’t change anything! It will only bring me down. I have learned to sing the song of redeeming love. My Savior has blessed me with his light and I can now move forward. Oh how I wish words could describe the relief and the light I feel. Thank you all for your prayers and love.

Your friend,
Elder Eldredge


No comments:

Post a Comment