Monday, August 25, 2014

Loving This Area

8/25/2014

BAPTISM!!!!!! Kathleen was baptized this past Saturday and confirmed a member of the Church and given the Gift of the Holy Ghost this past Sunday. I am so excited for her!!! She had lots of family and lots of ward members. Thank you so much for your prayers and support!!!

Next week is going to be a great weekend as well!!!! CodyRay and Curtis are getting baptized!!! CodyRay at 10:00 a.m. and Curtis at 4:00 p.m!!!! I’m so excited for these guys!!! 

This week Elder Olson and I taught 20 lessons!!! It was awesome!!! The Lord is blessing us so much and I’m loving this area!!! This is the best area ever!!! 

Mariah called us this morning! She has been going through some real rough stuff. But when she called she said she was sorry she didn’t make it to church this week and wants to go next week!!! We have a lesson set up for tomorrow (Tuesday the 26th) and we are hopeful and will continue to pray for her. Thank you SO MUCH for praying for her. Prayer is real.

The Atonement is real!!!! I promise it is!!! I have seen it bless lives and have felt it bless mine!!! I am so grateful for the sacrifice my Savior made for me. It pains me that my mistakes caused him to tremble. I am eternally in his debt. This mission has changed me. It has made me a better person. A better follower of Christ. More love, more holiness. I don’t want to blow my own horn, I just want you to know that you can change!!! I was a selfish, clouded, kid. Only living for myself. Only doing what made me feel good. Even when it hurt those I cared about.  But, again, the Atonement is real!!! Friend! Listen! If you feel you are outside forgiveness, like you have gone too far, you have dug a pit too deep to get out off. I promise you, Christ is standing at the top of the pit asking you to try. You must put in your best effort. Look for his love and He will ALWAYS be there. Put down your pride. Let it go. Give it to Him. 

Today is the year mark for my companion’s father passing away. His Dad died 3 months into his mission. Elder Olson is an inspiration to me of the love and peace that comes as you give Christ your pain and suffering. Say a prayer for him and his family. 

I love you Madie. Can’t wait to see you! :)


Elder Eldredge


No comments:

Post a Comment