Monday, July 15, 2013

If God is with us, who can be against us? His Grace is sufficient.


 
This picture was sent to us from our friend from Texas, Rebecca Lasswell, who stopped by Sawyer's and brought him cookies!  The Lasswells are originally from Idaho Falls and go every summer.  I'm so grateful for all the love that's been sent Sawyer's way.
 
7/15/13

 

Talk about Crazy

 

So much has happened and so much will be changing. We got the transfer calls this week and Elder Stephens is going back to Pocatello and I’m staying here. My new companion’s name is Elder Curtis. The crazy thing is he is coming here form the Utah, Ogden mission!  No one knows anything about him cuz he’s changing missions!!! I hope he’s cool and will help me find more people to teach and bring to Christ. The day before this info came to us, Elder Stephens and I went on transfers with the Zone Leaders. Elder Marrell came with me in my area. Which meant I was in control all day. I had to figure out who to contact, where to go, who to see, and I lead all the lessons that day. I’ve been dreading transfers because I haven't felt ready to be the senior companion. But I did it. It was a good day and I felt like I had done all I could and gave it my all. I still have a lot to learn, but now I know I can do it!! These next few weeks are going to be hard ones, but if God is with us, who can be against us!!!

 

I also had a wonderful surprise! Sister Lasswell and Sophie Lasswell stopped by and doped off cookies!!! WOW thanks so much!!!

 

This week I’ve been studying Grace and how it works in our lives. There is a talk that I was able to get called "His Grace Is Sufficient" by Brad Wilcox. It’s amazing.

 


 

What I love about this talk is how simple yet never ending I have learned Christ’s grace is.  It is in every decision we make, every movement we take. Without it we would never be able to return to our God. And we will be forever indebted to Christ for it. Now it is our turn to give thanks for what he has done and "follow him." If we could all understand the concept of Grace, we would realize how very real the possibility of making it into our Father Kingdom really is! We can do it!! We must first accept Christ as our savior and by so doing follow is teaching and try to be like him. 

 

I hope all is well with you and I pray God will touch your heart and bring you closer into his fold.

 

Love Elder Eldredge

No comments:

Post a Comment