Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Why Does God Let People Die Young?

1/20/2014

This week was good. We are getting ready for Courtney’s baptism this weekend. I’m so excited to meet with her and get her all prepped and ready for her big day!!!! 

Today is January 20th. 14 months since Madeline Rose's passing. I miss her so much. I’m excited to be doing the same work that she is doing. The plan of salvation is real!

This past week I had the opportunity to use Madie’s story to grow closer with an investigator. Her name is Nia. She is 13. She lost her mother about 8 months ago. She has had little to no religious background, so there were heavy questions weighing on her."Why is God leading people in different directions?"  "Why would a God who you say loves all of us let my mother die?" 

The Spirit was strong. We taught about Joseph Smith and how he wondered where he needed to go and who he could join with to find the truth, much like how Nia wondered; there were so many people going in different directions. We told her the story of the fist vision and how Joseph Smith received his answer. 

Click Here For 2 Minute Video On Joseph Smith's Story

http://www.lds.org/media-library/video/2009-02-04-the-message-of-the-restoration?category=mormon-messages/mormon-messages-2009&&lang=eng


We testified of the truthfulness of this story and how it can and has changed us. We then started talking about her second question.  This was a hard one for me to answer. I know our Heavenly Father loves us. I know he gives us trials to give us strength. But why would he do this to her? This is the hardest part. We do not understand all of Gods ways. 

 Isaiah 55: 8-9:
8:For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.
9:For as the Heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Its hard to accept what we do not understand. But the Spirit testified to me that this is true. Yes I did lose Madie. Yes I will miss her for the rest of my life. But I must, we all must, accept our Fathers will and continue in Faith.

Your Missionary,  Elder Eldredge


No comments:

Post a Comment