Monday, January 6, 2014

over text?!!!

Someone's having a bad hair day!

My New Companion

1/6/2014
These past 2 weeks have been crazy!!!

First let’s go back to Saturday the 28th. Elder Sabat left and I was with my zone leaders for 4 days. I learned so much and grew really close to them. We set a baptismal date with Dalton for the 15th of February. It was so cool!! I got so see how they work and what it’s like to be a zone leader and all their responsibility. 
Then on Wednesday I got my new companion, Elder Cavalcante. He was born in Brazil, moved to Utah when he was 9 and was called to do Spanish work here in Idaho. He is now doing English work with me. He is a way cool kid!!! He is 20 years old and love music. He wants to be a front man for a band and make it big. He plays guitar and sings. He is always upbeat and loves the work. I’m so excited to work with him. We hit it off way good right at the start!!! 
We have been ripping up this area ever since. We now have 3 baptismal dates. The first one is Courtney. She is going to be baptized on January 25th. Her husband, Joe is preparing to receive the priesthood so he can baptize her!!! I’m so excited for them!!! 
The next one is a new one! Danielle. She has been avoiding us for a long time but she, over text, asked if we would come over and begin teaching her. We stopped by and invited her to church and set up an appointment. Then later that night she asked us a question over text and we answered and the conversation led to us inviting her to be baptized. OVER TEXT!!! and she accepted!!! She will be baptized on the 31st of this month!!! I’m way excited for her!!! She was really nervous at first, but we told her that as we continue to talk with her and as she continues to pray and read and go to church she will feel of her Heavenly Father’s love and she will know that this is a righteous decision! 
Then we have Dalton. He will be baptized on the 15th of February. We had another lesson with him, Elder Cavalcante and me, and talked about the Plan of Salvation and how this shows how much our Heavenly Father loves us!!! It was great! He had some awesome questions and we had a member there who helped a lot!!! 

This past Sunday was awesome as well. We cover 4 wards and we have to privilege of going to 3 sacrament meetings every Sunday!!! Since this past weekend was Fast and Testimony week (That is when members of the church go without food for 24 hours and give the money that would have fed them to the church to help in feeding others in the community and around the world. We also are given time during our service to come up and share what you know to be true with the congregation.) Elder Cavalcante and I ended up sharing our testimonies in every sacrament meeting!!! It was great!!! I was really nervous, but I got to testify of the divinity of Christ and how grateful I am for the Atonement. How grateful I am for Joseph Smith and all he did to bring about this great work!!! I got to tell the people who I have been serving with for about 4 months now how much I love them and how grateful I am to serve them. I also challenged them all to look for more missionary opportunities and to hasten the work within themselves. It was a very spirit-filled Sunday. I am so grateful I got to fast for my investigators, for my district, and for my family and friends.   

I love you all and i miss you tuns!!!

Your Brother In The Work   

Me and My Old Companion Elder Sabat

1 comment:

  1. Love keeping up on all the mission blogs...just so ya know, Elder Eldredge was just a hop skip and jump away from our home in this temple picture :-) It would be So fun if he was able to serve in our area...even though he has no clue who I am :-)

    ReplyDelete