Monday, April 22, 2013

Letters Between Brothers

I wanted to put these letters between Gabe and Sawyer on the blog today.  I asked Gabe if he wanted me to type a letter to Sawyer for him Sunday night when I was putting him to bed.  This is what Gabe asked me to write, and what Sawyer's response was.  At night, Gabe goes through his scripture mastery book, and he had it in his hands as he told me what to write, so a couple of his favorite scriptures made their way into the letter.  I feel so blessed to be a mother.



LETTER FROM GABE TO SAWYER:
4/21/13

To Elder Eldredge,

I started reading the Book of Mormon and I'm using your scriptures.
I'm really liking it and I haven't even gotten very far. I've just
read the introductions and the front cover.

I found my wallet. It was missing. I got your letter. I'll make sure I
pray for Taija.

Yesterday the Elders came over and taught us a lesson and we watched
this Joseph Smith video. It was a perfect day because we learned about
Joseph Smith in church.

I have a scripture mastery and it's about baptism! It is Mosiah
18:8-10. Here it is:

“And now as ye are desirous to come into the fold of God, and to be
called his people and are willing to bear one another's burdens that
they may be light,

Yeay and are willing to mourn with those that mourn, yeay and comfort
those that stand in need of comfort, and to stand as witnesses of God
at all times and in all things and in all places that ye may be in,
even unto death, that ye may be redeemed of God and be numbered with
those of the first resurrection, that he may have eternal life-

Now I say unto you if this be the desire if your hearts, what have ye
against being baptized in the name of The Lord?”

This scripture means a lot to me. It tells me that I should mourn with
those that mourn. Pretty much to be sad with others when they are sad.
To be witnesses of God in all times and all places which pretty much
means to be a witness everywhere you go. It is like Matthew 5:16. “Let
your light so shine before men that they may see your good works and
glorify your father which is in heaven.”

I'm so glad you are on a mission. But sad too. I was thinking the last
few days that if Moroni, Mormon and Joseph Smith were not ever on this
earth then we would not have the scriptures. And if you were not on a
mission there would be some people that would not know about the
gospel.

You're the best brother ever.
Love, Gabe

 
 
LETTER FROM SAWYER TO GABE
4/22/2013
 
Gabe,

I’m so glad you are reading the Book of Mormon. You can find real happiness if you follow its teaching and learn from it.

Thank you for praying for Tajha. She is a sweet girl and will be blessed because of your prayers.

I love the Joseph Smith video. How did you feel when you watched it?

Your Scripture Mastery is a perfect missionary scripture. Did you know that? I have used that one when we challenge people to get baptized. It invites them to help others and become Christ followers and be good people. Just like you!

Thank you for your support. It’s my job now to teach the people in Idaho about Jesus Christ and how they can be eternally happy. You are so cool and I’m so excited for you to be baptized. Keep up the good work and never give up!!!

Never stop praying Gabe. I’m so proud of you and all that you are doing to be more like our Savior. I can’t wait to see the young man you will be when I get home.

You’re the bestest littlest brother ever!

Elder Eldredge

1 comment:

  1. Very sweet. Gabe is a normal, creative, wild boy, who will also be a great missionary!

    ReplyDelete