Tuesday, December 17, 2013

The Scarf and The Wind

12/16/13

"To improve is to change, to be perfect is to change often." - Winston Churchill. 



It’s almost Christmas!!! I’m so excited to skype my family!!!! It’s going to be so amazing!!!!

I had a faith building experience! We were walking to an appointment one cold and windy evening when the wind really picked up and took my black scarf right off of me!!! This is the black scarf Grandpa Butch gave to me! We looked and looked for it but we couldn't find it. We were late to our appointment and I told them about the scarf I lost. After the lesson we decided to walk back the way we came and look for it some more. We said a prayer asking that we could find the scarf. Elder Sabat went to the other side of the street and started looking in the bushes and I started doing the same. We walked all the way back to our house with no sign of the scarf. Just as I was about to give up, Elder Sabat was crossing the street and said "Hey! Is that it?" It was sitting in a little bundle under a tree not 3 feet away from me! I’m so grateful My Heavenly Father cares enough for me to help me find a scarf! Prayers are answered and our Heavenly Father will help us even with the smallest things!!!

Sort of sad news: Echo, the girl who was going to be baptized on the 14th rescheduled for the 21st. Her mother decided she didn’t want to have the baptism on the weekend Echo was going to be with her. Echo’s parents are divorced and are bitter towards each other. It makes me so sad when I see things like this. But it is still going to happen!!!! Also Courtney rescheduled for the 4th of January. She is becoming more open to us and is listening attentively when we teach the lessons. The last lesson we had with her we brought her to the church and opened the baptismal font and had a lesson right in front of it. It was great! The spirit was there and we got to see the spirit work on her and help her feel more at home. It was great!

Great news!!! There is an investigator we have been working with for a long time who is finally opening up!! Her name is Amanda and she has had anti-Mormon stuff her whole life. Her mother and grandmother are very much against the church. But she married an LDS guy. She had to ask him if he believed in more than one wife before she was willing to date him haha.... Anyways, when I first met her she said "There is no way I’m going into one of your buildings!" So we have just been friends and helping out when we can. We helped take down some trees in her backyard and have been over for lunch once. They are a great couple and very fun to be around. But we stopped by one evening and Dave, her husband, was the only one home. So we stepped in and had a great conversation with him. He has not been to church since he was 16 and said that if he steps foot in a church he will be stuck down by a bolt of lightning!!!! We talked about the atonement and how through its power we can be forgiven of our sins as we pray for forgiveness and do our best never to do it again. The spirit was very strong and he told us that he and his wife had been talking about going to church! He also said that Amanda trusts me and I will probably be the one to baptize her! But then I asked him if he will prepare himself to be worthy to baptize her. This is going to be an amazing growing experience for both of them!!! This is Christ’s work!!! I’m so excited for them!!!!!!!  

It’s been really cold up here!!! I’m so grateful for the boots and coat my mommy sent up here with me! They have really helped! The weather has been so cool. It’s been foggy the last few days and the fog freezes on the trees and makes them all white. It’s so beautiful!!!! We got to walk around in it and look at the beautiful detail that the Lord created for us. 




Thank you for the Christmas presents!!!!!! Thank you Mommy and everybody who put their input into the photo album! I love it!!! Thank you Grandma Awesome for the CDs and post card!!! Thank you Grandma Cool for the cute teddy bear!!!! And thank you Grandma Pierce for the amazing box!!!! So much stuff that is going to help me out!!!! I love you all!!!!!!!!!
I love you all and hope the Christmas spirit will swell within you as you give thanks for our Father’s sacrifice to send us his Only Begotten Son.



Isaiah 9:6-7  For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: andhis name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, the mighty God, The everlasing Father, the Prince of Peace.  Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the thorone of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever.


Love, your missionary, Elder Eldredge

No comments:

Post a Comment