Monday, December 2, 2013

Who Has Extra Time When You're Busy Wearing A Banana Suit?




12/2/2013

So much to say! So little time!

Lest go back 2 weeks.
Wednesday, November 20th 2013. My Father, the great man he is, flew up here on my request for a fathers blessing. We met in the temple and were able to sit and discus life in the most holy spot possible. I am so grateful for the ability I have to enter the temple with my worthy priesthood holding father and be able to receive a fathers blessing. Words cannot describe, nor should attempt to, tell of the feeling felt there in the house of the Lord. I am eternally grateful for my Father.

I got to spent the rest of the day with him. Rick Landon, one of my greatest friends, took us out to dinner. We got to sit and chat and spend time together. 

That same day was transfer day. My new companion’s name is Elder Sabat. He is a way cool kid! He is 18, from Afton WY, and on his way to Tokyo!!! He is a hard worker, gets up on time, and loves the work. He is a little shy, but we are working on that :)  He keeps me smiling and always has a positive spirit about him. I’m so grateful I get to work with him. He went through the temple with Father and I the first day we were together. Talk about a crazy first impression!!! 

Yesterday was an amazing day. I decided to fast for my family. I prayed for each of them individually. Then in the first ward we cover, I’m sitting in the back watching people get up and give thier testimonies and Chris Artificavitch gets up and gives his testimony!!!!! I was so shocked!!! I didn’t see him enter, and I didn’t know he was there until he got up to speak!!! It was so amazing listening to him tell his conversion story and then bare his testimony on the gospel and how he knows of its truth!!! In D&C 18:15 it says "And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!" I am here to testify that this scripture is true!!!! I know it and I haven’t even entered the kingdom of my Father!! Being able to hear Chris's testimony was a huge blessing to me. Thank you Brother.

I am so grateful for the power of the Priesthood. I had the opportunity to bless a little girl. He name is Olivia. She is 4 years old and had a 102 fever. Her mother called us and asked us to come as soon as we could. We decided to drop what we were doing and go directly to her home. We came in and gave her a blessing. She was crying and very unhappy through the blessing, but after we took our hands from her head, she calmed down and fell asleep. Her fever broke within the hour. I’m so grateful for the power of God here upon the earth today. 

Thanksgiving!!!! WOW!!!! What a crazy holiday! First we started super early. We were supposed to be at a location at 5:00 am so we could drive into Idaho Falls and help set up a "Turkey Run" that the community was doing. It was a 5K people signed up and paid to be in and all the money went to local food banks! So we get there and its FREEZING and I forgot my gloves! So I’m working with numb hands trying to set everything up. Then when we were about done, this guy walked up and hands me this big yellow bag. He tells me to go and change into a BANANA SUIT!!!!! I was a banana for thanksgiving!!! Then I got to direct traffic and help the runners know where to go. It was tons of fun!!! Then we went to 2 thanksgiving feasts!!! I was more stuffed then the turkey was!!! I’m so grateful to be able to serve in an area with such amazing members!!! 

I got my Christmas package!!!! My Family sent me a huge box with tons of presents in it!!! Thank you so much!!! It looks amazing under my cute little Christmas tree!!!!

The work is moving forward. We have 2 baptismal dates and praying for them and praying for more. Echo Neilson (December 14) and Courtney Keyes (December 21). We are having faith that they will work out and that we will be able to help them come unto Christ!!! Please pray for them!

Your brother in Christ,

Elder Eldredge


A note Chris Artificavitch texted to Elder Eldredge's Mom yesterday:

I came to Idaho Falls with Rachelle for Thanksgiving with her family.  I found Sawyer's ward and surprised him.  He first saw I was there when I bore my testimony about my conversion story with his influence.  Then he surprised me by bearing his testimony :) (NOTE: bearing testimony at church is a tradition we Mormons have.  One week a month is set aside for anyone who wants to to get up and share their faith over the pulpit.)  It was special.  My favorite part was his surprise.  He looked taken aback, then confused like he didn't believe what he was seeing, then he stood up a little to make sure it was me, then he put his hand over his mouth and just smiled.  It was cool.  He's changed a little.  So much more light around him and confidence.  He confidently and strongly bore his testimony.  He's awesome.  I'm positive I'll be on my mission before he's back so this was cool.

  


No comments:

Post a Comment